According to the EPA, indoor air can be as much as five times more polluted than outdoor air. Common indoor air pollutants include pollen, dust, dust mites, pet dander, VOCs, bacteria, viruses, gases and chemical toxins from household cleaners and air fresheners. These indoor air pollutants can aggrivate allergies and asthma, cause respiratory infections, cause cancer and can even cause neurological problems. Let's take a look at the benefits of an Bryant air purifier.
1. Eliminate toxins and gases - Carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, ammonia, chlorine, phthalates and other byproducts from vehicles and household cleaners can build up in your indoor air. An air purifier can help by removing these toxins and gases so you can breathe cleaner.
2. Reduces illness - Typically, when one person in a household gets sick, everyone eventually gets sick. Why? Because everyone is breathing the same recycled air teeming with viruses and bacteria from things like colds, flu and Covid. An air purifier with a HEPA filter eliminates bacteria and viruses from the air, reducing the likelihood that other family members will catch an illness from someone who is sick.
3. Neutralizes VOCs - VOCs or volatile organic compounds are found in things like paint, air fresheners, aerosol sprays and upholstered furniture. These chemicals, namely gasoline, benzene and formaldehyde break down at room temperature and become airborne. Not only can they cause difficulty breathing and other ill health effects, but they also smell bad. An air purifier pulls VOCs out of the indoor air and returns fresh purified air to the home.
4. Removes Asbestos - Asbestos was used in building materials for homes from the 1940s through the 1960s. Asbestos particles can become airborne and get breathed in. Asbestos exposure causes an aggressive form of lung cancer called mesothelioma. An air purifier helps filter asbestos particles out of the air.
5. Removes Radon - Radon gas is another serious environmental cause of lung cancer. Radon gas is typically released from the ground and makes its way into your home through cracks in your foundation. An air purifier can remove radon gas from the air you breathe.
6. Relieves asthma - The CDC reports that one in 12 people in the United States has asthma. Indoor air pollutants make asthma worse and can trigger asthma symptoms or even asthma attacks. Pet dander, dust mites, pollen and other irritants are filtered out by indoor air purifiers and can help relieve asthma symptoms.
Indoor air pollution is a serious issue that can wreak havoc on your health from your respiratory system to your heart to your neurological system. Adding an air purifier to your home is easy with Bryant indoor air quality options. Carolina Comfort Systems
cares about your health. We would love to give you a consultation about the quality of your indoor air and how it can be improved so you and your family can breathe healthier and easier.