The air inside your home can be 5-10 times more polluted than the air outside your home. Air-tight construction practices meant to increase efficiency and prevent heat loss trap air inside the home where pollutants circulate at concentrated levels. Let's explore the benefits of an air purification system for your home.
1. Reduce asthma symptoms and attacks - Air purification removes common asthma triggers, including dust, dirt, household cleaner fumes, paint fumes, VOCs from furniture and carpeting and other particulates that can trigger asthma. By removing these particles, asthma sufferers breathe cleaner air and experience less inflammation that causes symptoms.
2. Eliminate radon gas - Radon gas is colorless and odorless. Even in very small amounts, it can eventually lead to lung cancer. Air purification systems help filter out radon gas. Note: This does not take the place of having your home inspected for radon gas leaks.
3. Reduce allergies - Air purifiers improve allergy symptoms by removing dust, dirt, pollen, pet dander, pet odors, dust mites and other pollutants that trigger allergy symptoms.
4. Protect older adults, children and chronically ill - Cleaner air helps protect older adults, children and chronically ill or immunocompromised people from respiratory difficulties and infections.
5. Reduce infections - Many air purifier systems also kill germs such as bacteria and viruses circulating in the air of your home. Some purification systems also release ionized particles that also attack germs on surfaces.
6. Circulates air - Air purification systems help circulate air and improve air flow throughout the home. As they trap particles and pollutants from the air, they circulate out clean air that helps with the overall air flow in the home or building.
Breathe cleaner air and also eliminate pet and cooking odors with an air purification system. Many air purification systems are installed as part of your home's HVAC system so air is filtered as it circulates through your home's system. If you want to experience the benefits of an air purification system in your home, call Carolina Comfort Systems to explore your options.