If you have areas of your home that just don't get cool or rooms that your ductwork doesn't reach, ductless air conditioning might be a great solution for you. Let's explore the many benefits of ductless air conditioning for your home.
1. Customized comfort - Allows for zoned temperature control that can be customized room by room. So, everyone enjoys their personal best level of comfort.
2. Improves indoor air quality - Because there is no ductwork, there is no place for dust, dirt, pollen and other allergens to collect and blow through your home. Ductless systems also have a multi-layer filtration system that helps clean the air as it cools it.
3. Better dehumidification - Ductless systems are great dehumidifiers, pulling excess moisture from the air as it cools it.
4. Energy efficient - Variable speed compressors provide only as much power as is needed to cool your home. Most HVAC units have only one or two speed compressors and often use way more electricity than is needed to bring your space down to the correct temperature. By having variable speeds, ductless saves electricity and money.
5. Use only what you need - You can switch off the units in unused rooms to save electricity and money, instead of cooling the whole house.
6. Avoid ductwork leaks - Ductwork can have leaks that allow cool air to escape and reduce the efficiency of your HVAC cooling system. With no ductwork, there are no leaks so your ductless system works at optimal efficiency.
7. Saves space - A ductless unit mounts on the wall inside with a compressor unit outside. This takes up far less space in your home than a full HVAC system with it's ductwork and full-sized units.
8. Easy maintenance - Maintaining a ductless system is easy. Keep filters clean, clean unit vents and keep the area around the outdoor unit clean and tidy. With a professional annual inspection and cleaning, your ductless system could last as long as 20 years or more.
There are lots of benefits to installing a ductless system, whether you need to cool down one room or every room, ductless systems are convenient and energy efficient. When you are considering whether a ductless system is right for your home, call Carolina Comfort Systems. We can give you all the details you need to make an informed decision.