When you have a scheduled maintenance service visit with Carolina Comfort Systems or need one of our expert Bryant technicians to come out for emergency service, it's helpful to be prepared. Here are a few things you can do to prep before our service technician arrives.
- Write down the model numbers of your heating and cooling system as well as any components that have model numbers visible.
- Make a list of all problems you have noticed and when the problems began.
- Make sure you know where to access all components inside and outside the home, and make sure the area is clear so the technician can get to the unit(s).
- Have your previous service records handy.
- If your heat pump is frozen, turn it off before you call for service to give it time to thaw before the technician arrives.
- Make sure you have done your "common sense" checks to rule out simple fixes that may not need a technician:
- Check that your air filter. A dirty air filter can cause a surprising number of problems.
- Check the batteries in your thermostat. Thermostats that run solely on battery power stop signaling to the HVAC system when batteries burn out.
- Check your circuit breaker to ensure the circuit for your HVAC system hasn't flipped.
- Check to make sure none of the vents or intake registers are closed or blocked by furniture. Improper air flow can trigger emergency shut-off on some systems.
- Check outdoor unit to ensure there isn't debris obstructing any moving parts. Also check the disconnect switch to make sure the outdoor unit isn't switched off.
- Check shut off switches on the interior unit, such as the SSU switch - which should be in the "on" position.
- Adjust thermostat to a higher (or lower, depending on season) temperature and listen for the blower to turn on. If it doesn't turn on after a few adjustments of temperature, make a note of it and turn off system to avoid damage.
- Secure pets in another room before the technician arrives for their safety and the technician's,
- Answer your phone. Our technician may call to let you know he's on his way, or to get additional directions to your home.
Using the above checklist to prepare for your service with Carolina Comfort Systems will help you have everything you need at your fingertips. Making sure pets are secure and units are accessable helps our Carolina Comfort Systems technician perform your service as efficiently as possible.