- National surveys have determined that well over half of all HVAC contractors do not size heating and cooling systems correctly.
- Owners should insist upon a correct system sizing calculation before signing a contract.
- NEVER use any of these methods to determine final size
- Contractor recommends existing size
- Contractor bases size on square footage
--Bulletin: United States Department of Energy
- Finding a trustworthy contractor matters
- Contractors should calculate required
cooling and heating capacity by using a
- Be leery of a contractor who bases
estimates merely on house size or vague
rules of thumb.
-- May 2001 issue of Consumer Reports