Beat the Heat With These Cool Tips
With summer just around the corner, consider these ideas to keep your energy costs down.
1) Maintain your thermostat at 76 degrees or more if you're still comfortable. The higher the setting, the less it will operate unnecessarily.
2) Keep your air conditioner filters clean. Cleaned or replace them once a month during the summer season. If possible, also clean the exposed grill and spines on the outside unit.
3) Don't block window air conditioners. Check to ensure no objects are leaning on, or directly in the way of the air flowing in or out.
4) Use a programmable thermostat. Since you only need your air conditioner to run when you're home, set timers to come on about 30 minutes before you're going to be home.
5) Don't place lamps or televisions near your air conditioning thermostat. The thermostat senses heat from these appliances, causing it to run longer than necessary.
6) Consider installing a ceiling fan to circulate air above the area where you spend most of your time.
7) Turn on your exhaust fans when you’re cooking or taking a shower to vent warm air.
8) Have a professional inspect and tune up your heating and central air system. It can save on operating costs and extend the life of your system.
These are just a few tips to help you beat the heat and stay cool. For more information, call us at Carolina Comfort Systems today- Your authorized Bryant Dealer and HVAC Company from Florence & Conway to Myrtle Beach & Georgetown!