Blog

This July marked the 111th birthday of Modern Air Conditioning!  Care to take a guess at who invented modern air conditioning?  Well, his name is synonomous with one of the world's leaders in high-technology heating and air conditioning solutions.... Carrier.  Dr. Willis H. Carrier is the man to thank for changing the world's comfort level in schools, hospitals, workplaces, and homes.  What would ou do as a Conway resident or Myrtle Beach Resident without air…
Did you know, that according to DHEC statistics, 75% of the air pollution that we breathe inside our homes are made by humans?  The remaining 25% come from natural sources.  In your home, the air you breathe is important for good health.  In an average day, you will breath neary 20,000 breaths, or 35 pounds of air each day.  If your home has poor indoor air quality, then you could end up with some serious…
Wednesday, 05 June 2013 10:00

Financing Your New HVAC System

Summer is upon us, and without an efficient, working HVAC system in Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas of the Grand Strand, you might find yourself in a pickle.  A new HVAC system, really?  Even though the benefits of a new, more efficent system far outweigh the initial cost in the long run, it might not be in the budget.  Carolina Comfort Systems is an authorized dealer for Bryant, Trane, and Mitsubishi Ductless HVAC systems.  Each…
There are some great reasons to upgrade to a new, more efficient HVAC system right now. Did you know that your Bryant HVAC system purchase in 2013 could get you up to $500 in Federal tax credits?  That's right!  These tax credits are also available retroactively back to January of 2012!  The great thing about a tax credit, is it is directly subtracted from your personal income tax liability!  In addition to the tax credits…
Wednesday, 01 August 2012 14:56

Improving the Quality of Your Air Indoors

At Carolina Comfort Systems, we basically have one job to do--- keep you comfortable in your home or business!  Part of keeping you comfortable is assessing your indoor air quality.  Various pollutants can cause the quality of air that we breathe inside the home to become detrimental to our health and well-being.  Those such pollutants and irritants include mold, dust, pet dander, smoke, and outdoor allergens such as pollen.  What can you do about these,…
Tuesday, 10 April 2012 10:01

HVAC and Tax Credits

Tax Credits  By S. Kim Henson  A 30 percent tax credit, with no upper limit, is good news for homeowners of new construction, especially since most energy efficiency tax credits are only applicable for existing homes. During the next five years, products that qualify include photovoltaics, solar water heaters, small wind energy systems, and best of all for Carolina Comfort Systems’ customers, geothermal heat pumps. The tax credit includes labor and installation. Energy Star qualified geothermal…
Tuesday, 10 April 2012 09:59

La Nina- How it affecs our temperatures

La Niña – How it has affected our weather and what we can expect temperature-wise and weather-wise this Spring/Summer  By S. Kim Henson La Niña is on its way out; at least that’s the forecast for now. But, as we all know, no one knows for sure. However, there’s a good chance the prediction is accurate because the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) says conditions from La Niña last anywhere from nine months to…
Thursday, 01 March 2012 14:11

The Rock Solid Bryant Evolution System

The Rock Solid Bryant Evolution System By S. Kim Henson The rock-solid Bryant Evolution® System heat pump improves your temperament by giving you control over your home’s temperature. Evolution Control thermostat is a sophisticated communicating system, programmable for up to a week, that offers more regulation over temperature, humidity, indoor air quality, fan speed and ventilation, as well as alerts when it is time to service the system and change the air filter. All the…
Page 9 of 11