When you think about air quality, you may think about outdoor air pollution. Did you know that the air inside your home can be an average of two to five times more polluted than the air outside? The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) considers indoor air quality as one of the top five environmental dangers. Rates of children developing asthma and severe allergies are climbing at alarming rates and may be linked to poor air indoor air quality. Here are the facts about the sources of pollution gunking up the air in your home:
It may sound as if you would do better to live outside than in your home with all of these sources of indoor air pollution. Carolina Comfort Systems has the solution--a state-of-the-art air purifier from Bryant. The Bryant Evolution Perfect Air Purifier or the Bryant Preferred Series Air Purifier are both designed with your health in mind. Give us a call to explore how we can help you and your family breathe easier.
It may sound like science fiction but including a UV lamp in your HVAC system's indoor air quality set-up can have many real world benefits. UV lamps for home HVAC systems are a residential version of the same technology used by hospitals to kill airborne pathogens in ventilation systems and prevent the spread of illnesses throughout the facility. Here are just a few reasons you might want to consider a UV lamp for your HVAC system.
- UV light kills bacteria and viruses.
- UV light kills airborne mold spores that contribute to allergies.
- UV light sterilizes HVAC components such as cooling coils, preventing mold formation and keeping components working as efficiently as possible. The more efficiently your HVAC system operates, the less energy it uses and the less expensive it is to keep your home comfortable.
- UV light reduces clogging of drains and intakes by preventing growth of algae, mold, and scum - particularly in humid states like South Carolina.
- UV light reduces odors by killing microbes that contribute to musty odors.
Including a UV lamp in your HVAC system is a great idea for allergy sufferers, people with asthma or other breathing issues and homes in humid climates where mold growth is common. However, a UV lamp is only one part of the solution. To reap the full benefits UV lamps have to offer, they should be part of your overall indoor air quality strategy that also includes filtration and/ or air purification. Including a UV lamp in your HVAC system not only increases the efficiency of your unit to save you money but also helps you breathe easier. For an indoor air quality analysis, call Carolina Comfort Systems today!
When you walk through your home, do notice that some areas are hot and some are cold? Hot and Cold spots is a common HVAC problem that requires a diagnosis. Some of the factors that can contribute to this HVAC dilemma are:
If you are experiencing hot and cold spots in your home, you might benefit from having an expert take a look to determine the root cause. Taking care of the problem will not only allow you to be more comfortable in your home, but it will save energy, decrease utility bills, and and extend the life of your HVAC system. Carolina Comfort Systems is your trusted HVAC contractor in Conway, SC, and we promise one thing-- YOUR satisfaction is OUR guarantee! Call us today at (843) 365-5711.
(Information and photo source: http://www.mehvac-blog.com/tag/residential/)
"Tis the season for staying cozy and warm indoors, enjoying hot chocolate and trimming the tree... but, it's also the season for indoor air pollution! Dust mites, allergens, and viruses are all too familiar at this time of year. There is one way you can ensure the best indoor air quality for your home or business. The answer is Bryant's Evolution Perfect Air Purifier!
The ultra-reliable Bryant® Perfect Air Purifier has Captures and Kills™ technology to remove dangerous bacteria, viruses, pollen and mold from the air you breathe. Its ability to kill or inactivate 99% of the captured pathogens and irritants helps safeguard the air quality of your entire home. Indoor air is re-purified, not just filtered, as often as 8 times each hour.
Call Carolina Comfort Systems today for a free indoor air quality consultation, and see if the Bryant Perfect Air Purifier is right for your home or business. There's nothing like breathing clean, fresh air. Carolina Comfort Systems is here to help make that happen.
Did you know, that according to DHEC statistics, 75% of the air pollution that we breathe inside our homes are made by humans? The remaining 25% come from natural sources. In your home, the air you breathe is important for good health. In an average day, you will breath neary 20,000 breaths, or 35 pounds of air each day. If your home has poor indoor air quality, then you could end up with some serious health issues and/or allergies! Some indoor air pollutants include:
Carolina Comfort Systems is your Indoor Air Quality Inspection Specialist! We offer a wide array of Bryant products designed to to clean your indoor air and improve the air you breathe inside homes, businesses, and schools! Some of those products include humidifiers, ventilators, and air purifiers. For an indoor air quality analysis, call Carolina Comfort Systems today, and breathe well! (843) 365-5711.
At Carolina Comfort Systems, we basically have one job to do--- keep you comfortable in your home or business! Part of keeping you comfortable is assessing your indoor air quality. Various pollutants can cause the quality of air that we breathe inside the home to become detrimental to our health and well-being. Those such pollutants and irritants include mold, dust, pet dander, smoke, and outdoor allergens such as pollen. What can you do about these, and how can you prevent allergies and discomfort when it comes to indoor air quality? The first thing to do is call Carolina Comfort Systems, your authorized Bryant Dealer. We have an array of indoor air quality products that are designed to improve the quality of not just the air you breathe, but in turn, the quality of your life.
You can visit our website for more information, but here is a link to some of the products that we carry in the Bryant product line to help conquer indoor pollutants:
In addition to Humidifiers and our Air Purifiers, here are some other helpful tips that you can do at home to cut back on dust and pet dander-related allergies...
1. Dust your ceiling fan blades often. People tend to overlook those, as they are not usually easily accessible, but they collect dust and then spread that same dust around the room when you turn them on.
2. Keep pets out of your bedroom. Folks love for Spot or Morris to sleep on the bed and make themselves at home, but pet dander can get in your bedroom carpets, window treatments, and bedding, making for a not-so-great night's sleep.
3. When dusting, use materials that catch the dust rather than spread them out just to settle down all over again.
4. Try to limit how often you open the windows if you suffer from outdoor allergens, especially when pollen counts are high. Fresh air from the outdoors is wonderful, but can wreak havoc on your sinuses.
5. Inspect your home for mold. Mold can be obvious, but it can also hide in inconspicuous places. Look for areas of consistent moisture, areas that appear to be moldy or have a "musty" odor.
For more information on how you can improve your indoor air quality, ask one of Carolina Comfort System's trained Bryant specialists today!