Upgrading to a programmable thermostat can provide a number of benefits that not only save you money but also give you peace of mind. Let's take a look at a few of these benefits.
1. More Accurate Temperature Control - Programmable thermostats are much more accurate than old analog models. Analog thermostats can be off by as much as five degrees. In comparison, programmable thermostats are accurate to within a half of a degree.
2. Control the Temperature from Anywhere - If you opt for a smart programmable thermostat that connects to your WiFi, you can use your smart phone to control the temperature in your home from anywhere.
3. Automatic Adjustments - Programmable thermostats automatically adjust the temperature in your home based on your preferred settings. You can simply set it and forget it. Quick note: Heat Pump Systems require a special type of programmable thermostat with an intelligent recovery feature. This prevents the back-up supplemental heat coil of the heat pump from kicking on when your thermostat adjusts to your lower evening temperature setting. This is important because the supplemental heat coil uses significantly more energy than the main heat pump system, so you want to avoid triggering it to come on unintentionally due to the settings on your programmable thermostat.
4. Reduce Your Utility Bill - By using a programmable thermostat to automatically lower the temperature when you aren't home or are sleeping (or raise it during the summer), you maximize your savings by only having your system running at full comfort level when you're actually home to enjoy it.
5. Receive Alerts and Service Notices - Some smart programmable thermostats can send you notifications when its sensors detect that your filter needs replaced or if it detects a more serious issue that might require a service technician. This can help you respond faster to potential problems and possibly prevent full system breakdowns.
6. Automatically Sense Occupancy - Depending on the light and motion sensors included in with the smart programmable thermostat, it can automatically sense when there is someone in the home. When it senses no motion for a period of time, it can automatically switch to the "away" settings to save you money whenever you're away and might have forgotten to change your thermostat.
Switching to a programmable thermostat, especially a smart one with WiFi connectivity, can save you money and manage the temperature settings in your home in a more automatic way. It can also let you know when something is wrong or if it senses an issue that needs to be addressed. To learn more about programmable thermostat options for your system from Bryant, just give us a call. Your Carolina Comfort Systems technician can answer all of your questions and help you choose a Bryant programmable thermostat that fits your needs.
Smart things are the biggest trend for homes in years. You can find lamps that are smart, ovens and microwaves that are smart - even the lock on your front door can be smart. But what does smart really mean? In a word, control. Smart means being able to control devices and systems whether you are home or 3,000 miles away. Most smart devices and systems use apps on your cell phone or through your smart hub to send you notifications or let you change settings and turn devices on or off with a few taps on your smartphone or laptop. Let's get to know Bryant's Evolution Connex Control.
Bryant's Evolution Connex Control might appear to be an ordinary smart thermostat, but it syncs with every Bryant system and component in your home. The Evolution Connex Control syncs with your Evolution Air Conditioner, Humidifier, Evolution Air Purifier, Ventilator, Evolution Gas Furnace and your Evaporator Coil. No typical smart thermostat can do all of that. Here are some other ways Evolution Connex Control puts control over your comfort right in the palm of your hand:
Bryant puts control over your comfort in the palm of your hand with Evolution Connex Control. By including every component in your entire Bryant home comfort system, you can adjust settings from anywhere and save energy (and money) with just a few taps. Even better, your Evolution Connex Control gives you the option of setting up notifications about your system that go right to Carolina Comfort Systems, making upkeep and repairs for your system as seamless as possible. That sounds pretty smart to us!
Changing the air filter for your HVAC system is one of those regular household chores that seems more complex than it is and often gets overlooked. However, not changing your air filter regularly can really cost you - on your utility bill and on costly repairs.
What Filths up Your Filter?
You may be wondering how your air filter gets so, well, filthy. First, your air filter is the first line of defense between your family and poor air quality. It catches the particulates that can cause breathing difficulty and even illness. And filters fill up with grime faster from any of the following factors:
* You have pets. Pet dander is a big time filter filler.
* Multiple people live in the home. The more people living in the home and stirring up dust, the faster the filth builds up.
* It's allergy season. Allergens like tree pollen don't just stick to your car and the outside of your home. They stick in your air filter too.
* Smoky conditions exist in or near your home. Nearby wildfires, pollution, using your home fireplace and people who smoke inside the home all contribute to filthy filters.
* There's construction nearby. Construction projects naturally kick up dust, soil and other debris that can make its way into your intake and get caught in your filter.
Changing Your Filter
Knowing that a dirty filter reduces airflow which makes the unit work harder to cool your home and that extra work means higher energy bills, more costly breakdowns and shortened lifespan likely makes you want to swap that filter this second. Before you rush to the home improvement store, take a moment to check inside your system and write down what size filter you need. Using the incorrect size filter creates gaps that compromise the function of your system and prevent the filter from working as it should.
1. Turn off the unit. Note: Some units have a sensor that shuts it down for safety when you open the panel where the filter is located.
2. Unfasten any levers, unscrew any screws or braces that hold the filter in place. Set any loose pieces in a safe place.
3. Remove the dirty filter carefully and place immediately in a large enough trash bag to avoid bending or causing particulate to release from the old filter.
4. Install the new filter. Make sure it is in correctly by looking for any gaps around the edges.
5. Secure the new filter with the levers, screws or braces provided to hold it in place. Gently test it to make sure it is firmly in place.
6. Replace the cover panel and turn the unit back on.
To track how often your filter should be changed, check it monthly and note on your calendar the condition of the filter and whether you changed it. How often should you change your filter? Depending on the conditions inside and outside your home, that can vary from home to home and throughout the year. In most cases, the filter should be changed at least every three months. Simple!
It wasn't the hottest summer we've seen in Myrtle Beach, but it sure was humid! What is your best defense against indoor humidity? That's right, it's a properly sized HVAC system. Controlling your indoor humidity levels can make all the difference between sticky and comfortable! Having the right sized HVAC system is vital to energy efficiency, dehumidification, and ultimately your indoor comfort! A air conditioning system that is too small for the needs of your home will not be powerful enough to distribute cooled air throughout your home and return air to the evaporator for dehumidification. A system too large will cool the home too quickly to remove moisture from the air, which can lead to mold issues. When it comes to indoor air quality and comfort in Myrtle Beach, Carolina Comfort Systems has the knowledgable & trained technicians to know what size your system needs to be to be the most efficient system for your home. And, as always, at Carolina Comfort Systems, your satisfaction is our guarantee! Call us today for an indoor air analysis to see if we can help! 843 (357) 5711.
Carolina Comfort Systems Inc. has been a local, family-owned business since the beginning, now moving into 2nd generation ownership (Joel & Jarid). We are looking forward to many more years of serving the Grand Strand Area.
Karen and myself started Carolina Comfort Systems Inc. in 1984 with one objective in mind- to provide the best comfort system for your home with the highest quality customer service availabe in the industry. For over 30 years, that has never changed. Over the years, we have become one of the dominant HVAC companies in the area because of our dedication to provising the quality and service you deserve.
Carolina Comfort Systems is locally owned, not a national corporation or franchise company. We pride ourselves on providing quick response time for your service needs, and because we are local, we have a better understanding of the unique needs of the ustomers in our area. Whether you purchase an entry level system or a top-of-the-line product, rest assured that when you purchase from us, you will receive the highest quality installation and service that we can provide, on time, every time.
Thank you for having us in your home and giving us the opportunity to serve your indoor comfort needs. I look forward to you becoming a part of the Carolina Comfort Systems Inc. family.