National Gratitude Month is observed every year for the entire month of November. Gratitude is more than simply saying "thank you". Gratitude is appreciating the good and positive in our lives, despite whatever challenges we may face. Practicing gratitude shouldn't just be reserved for one month because it can benefit your life every day. Studies show practicing gratitude lowers stress, improves blood pressure, enhances mood, improves relationships, combats depression and helps people experience fewer illnesses. You might be wondering why your HVAC provider cares about gratitude and the positive effects of gratitude on health and well-being. At Carolina Comfort Systems, our clients are more than simply customers, they are part of our extended family. To get you started on your practice of gratitude, we've put together 10 things Grand Strand residents can be grateful for.
1. Warmer weather! While snow piles up in other parts of the country, we get to enjoy beautiful sunshine.
2. Southern hospitality! Whether relaxing with a sweet tea on the porch with a neighbor or a friendly "hey, y'all!" when visiting a local business, there are few places more welcoming and friendly than right here.
3. We have a natural stress-buster accessible to us year-round - the beach. Research shows even a few minutes spent at the beach, with the waves and salty air and warm sand, can refresh us and provide a turbo boost of stress relief.
4. We have lots of ways to stay active year-round. Just a few of the activities available include golf, kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking and walking trails, tennis, beautiful parks and green spaces for afternoon strolls and much more.
5. Our area's deep connection with history. With dozens of places along the Grand Strand appearing on the National Registry of Historic Sites, there are plenty of historic places to see and learn about (not to mention some pretty fun stories about ghosts and pirates).
6. Some of the most stunning state parks in the whole state are right here in the Grand Strand. Explore Myrtle Beach State Park and Huntington Beach State Park close by or venture inland from the Grand Strand to experience unique ecosystems and landscape at Woods Bay State Park and Little Pee Dee State Park.
7. Giving back is a way of life here in the Grand Strand. The people, neighborhoods and businesses of the area have a strong focus on helping others in the community. Food donation drives, toy drives, fundraisers and opportunities to volunteer are easy to find and participate in. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more generous and giving community anywhere.
8. Your family from out of town always wants to come here for the holidays. When you live in the Grand Strand, the yearly family dispute over where to spend the holidays seems to somehow always swing your way. You get to avoid the traffic and driving up to the snow and cold while your family gets a relaxing (though sometimes still a little chilly) holiday at the beach.
9. There is always something fun to do! Events are a big deal around here and there are no shortage of food festivals, heritage festivals, parades, races, fundraisers, musical performances, theatre performances, lectures and presentations... and more.
10. YOU! At Carolina Comfort Systems, what we're most grateful for is YOU - our neighbors, friends and extended family of clients all along the Grand Strand. The spirit of giving, the friendly neighborhoods, the sense of community and that special southern hospitality are all possible because of you. All of you are what make this a great place to live.
NATE stands for North American Technician Excellence, the largest certification organization in North America for the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration technicians. NATE was created in 1997 by the HVACR industry and has served as a standard-bearer for the entire industry for the last 20 years. Let's look a little deeper at what this certification entails and how it gives you confidence that the technicians working on your equipment have the knowledge and expertise to do the job right.
The NATE certification consists of a core examination covering fundamentals and then to complete certification, the technician must pass an additional examination for either Installation or Service in one of eleven specialty areas (note: four of the specialty areas are service only). The exams are created by a committee of industry experts from across North America and focus on real-world working knowledge of HVACR systems. This approach helps ensure the tests and certification are relevant to the skills technicians need to perform top-quality work in the field.
NATE doesn't provide training, only testing and certification. NATE approaches certification this way to avoid situations where technicians are "trained for the test" rather than being trained for the full range of skills they'll need for day-to-day work with HVACR systems. NATE certified technicians have to renew or recertify every two years for most specialties (the Ground Source Heat Pump Loop Installation certification is good for three years). Renewal or recertification requires technicians to complete a minimum of 16 hours of documented continued education or training in their specialty area and/or retaking the certification exams. The reason for this recertification process is to ensure NATE certified technicians are up-to-date on the latest systems and technology, especially as new technology continues to change and shape the HVACR industry.
What NATE certification means for you as a client is peace of mind. You can feel confident that your NATE certified technician has the proven expertise and knowledge required to service or install your HVAC system properly. And you can rest assured that your NATE certified technician is up-to-date on the latest technology and industry standards. At Carolina Comfort Systems, we are committed to providing the very best service for our clients, which is why NATE certification is so important to us.