Upgrading to a programmable thermostat can provide a number of benefits that not only save you money but also give you peace of mind. Let's take a look at a few of these benefits.
1. More Accurate Temperature Control - Programmable thermostats are much more accurate than old analog models. Analog thermostats can be off by as much as five degrees. In comparison, programmable thermostats are accurate to within a half of a degree.
2. Control the Temperature from Anywhere - If you opt for a smart programmable thermostat that connects to your WiFi, you can use your smart phone to control the temperature in your home from anywhere.
3. Automatic Adjustments - Programmable thermostats automatically adjust the temperature in your home based on your preferred settings. You can simply set it and forget it. Quick note: Heat Pump Systems require a special type of programmable thermostat with an intelligent recovery feature. This prevents the back-up supplemental heat coil of the heat pump from kicking on when your thermostat adjusts to your lower evening temperature setting. This is important because the supplemental heat coil uses significantly more energy than the main heat pump system, so you want to avoid triggering it to come on unintentionally due to the settings on your programmable thermostat.
4. Reduce Your Utility Bill - By using a programmable thermostat to automatically lower the temperature when you aren't home or are sleeping (or raise it during the summer), you maximize your savings by only having your system running at full comfort level when you're actually home to enjoy it.
5. Receive Alerts and Service Notices - Some smart programmable thermostats can send you notifications when its sensors detect that your filter needs replaced or if it detects a more serious issue that might require a service technician. This can help you respond faster to potential problems and possibly prevent full system breakdowns.
6. Automatically Sense Occupancy - Depending on the light and motion sensors included in with the smart programmable thermostat, it can automatically sense when there is someone in the home. When it senses no motion for a period of time, it can automatically switch to the "away" settings to save you money whenever you're away and might have forgotten to change your thermostat.
Switching to a programmable thermostat, especially a smart one with WiFi connectivity, can save you money and manage the temperature settings in your home in a more automatic way. It can also let you know when something is wrong or if it senses an issue that needs to be addressed. To learn more about programmable thermostat options for your system from Bryant, just give us a call. Your Carolina Comfort Systems technician can answer all of your questions and help you choose a Bryant programmable thermostat that fits your needs.