Geothermal is a buzzword many people have heard but don't know much about. Geothermal systems use thermal (heat) energy found underground to power the heating, cooling and hot water needs for your home. The country of Iceland is well known for harnessing the power of geothermal energy--about 70% of the country's energy use is powered by geothermal sources. Did you know that you can also benefit from geothermal energy right here in the Myrtle Beach area? Here are just a few of the many benefits of choosing geothermal:
Geothermal technology harnesses energy from the ground, which means big energy savings for you on your heating, cooling and water heating costs.
- Geothermal systems are quieter than traditional HVAC systems because there is no noisy indoor mechanical equipment.
- Geothermal systems keep the temperature in your home even and steady all year round and also helps control humidity (very helpful during the sticky humid summer months).
- Switching to a geothermal heat pump system can save you as much as 70% on your heating and cooling costs.
- Geothermal systems are all-electric. This means no combustion units inside your home, no flue pipes and no venting or holes in your roof.
- Geothermal systems use loops buried underground to harness the earth's energy. These earth loops are designed to be super durable and provide a longer lifespan than many traditional heat pump or HVAC systems can match.
Money-saving and environmentally-friendly, geothermal systems have quite a few benefits to consider. If you would like to explore your options for geothermal heating, cooling and hot water, call Carolina Comfort Systems. As your local authorized Bryant dealer and service provider, our techs can answer all of your questions about choosing geothermal for your home. Bryant geothermal systems are custom-designed for your home and property to help you get the most out of your geothermal solution.