National Gratitude Month is observed every year for the entire month of November. Gratitude is more than simply saying "thank you". Gratitude is appreciating the good and positive in our lives, despite whatever challenges we may face. Practicing gratitude shouldn't just be reserved for one month because it can benefit your life every day. Studies show practicing gratitude lowers stress, improves blood pressure, enhances mood, improves relationships, combats depression and helps people experience fewer illnesses. You might be wondering why your HVAC provider cares about gratitude and the positive effects of gratitude on health and well-being. At Carolina Comfort Systems, our clients are more than simply customers, they are part of our extended family. To get you started on your practice of gratitude, we've put together 10 things Grand Strand residents can be grateful for.
1. Warmer weather! While snow piles up in other parts of the country, we get to enjoy beautiful sunshine.
2. Southern hospitality! Whether relaxing with a sweet tea on the porch with a neighbor or a friendly "hey, y'all!" when visiting a local business, there are few places more welcoming and friendly than right here.
3. We have a natural stress-buster accessible to us year-round - the beach. Research shows even a few minutes spent at the beach, with the waves and salty air and warm sand, can refresh us and provide a turbo boost of stress relief.
4. We have lots of ways to stay active year-round. Just a few of the activities available include golf, kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking and walking trails, tennis, beautiful parks and green spaces for afternoon strolls and much more.
5. Our area's deep connection with history. With dozens of places along the Grand Strand appearing on the National Registry of Historic Sites, there are plenty of historic places to see and learn about (not to mention some pretty fun stories about ghosts and pirates).
6. Some of the most stunning state parks in the whole state are right here in the Grand Strand. Explore Myrtle Beach State Park and Huntington Beach State Park close by or venture inland from the Grand Strand to experience unique ecosystems and landscape at Woods Bay State Park and Little Pee Dee State Park.
7. Giving back is a way of life here in the Grand Strand. The people, neighborhoods and businesses of the area have a strong focus on helping others in the community. Food donation drives, toy drives, fundraisers and opportunities to volunteer are easy to find and participate in. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more generous and giving community anywhere.
8. Your family from out of town always wants to come here for the holidays. When you live in the Grand Strand, the yearly family dispute over where to spend the holidays seems to somehow always swing your way. You get to avoid the traffic and driving up to the snow and cold while your family gets a relaxing (though sometimes still a little chilly) holiday at the beach.
9. There is always something fun to do! Events are a big deal around here and there are no shortage of food festivals, heritage festivals, parades, races, fundraisers, musical performances, theatre performances, lectures and presentations... and more.
10. YOU! At Carolina Comfort Systems, what we're most grateful for is YOU - our neighbors, friends and extended family of clients all along the Grand Strand. The spirit of giving, the friendly neighborhoods, the sense of community and that special southern hospitality are all possible because of you. All of you are what make this a great place to live.